Sunday, July 27, 2008

Red Rock Pass. Idaho.



RED ROCK PASS:

This is the burial place of Jefferson Hunt, He was a captain in the Mormon Battalion, brigadier general in the California State Militia, a California State Assemblyman and a representative to the Utah Territorial Legislature.

Why he ended up buried in the middle of nowhere Oxford, Idaho is not explained on Wikipedia so I do not know.


The Red Rock Pass is Red Rock Pass is a mountain pass south of modern day Downey, Idaho that is famous for being the spot at which the ancient Lake Bonneville was emptied. It is bounded by two mountain ranges; the Portneuf to the East and the Bannock to the West.

I wish you could just read the sign that Chad and I are standing under because then you would know all that you ever wanted to know about the Red Rock Pass.

It really is a neat place to see.



Almost everyone ran up and down the stairs multiple times, I think there were about 72... Carrigan counted and I am taking her word on it.


The pictures are (from top to bottom right)

-Red Rock Pass
-Chad and Jenny under informational sign
-The actual grave of Jefferson Hunt
-Monument
-Emily and Raley ready to descend the stairs















No comments:

Post a Comment