Monday, July 27, 2009

Disneyland! You are welcome.

This February while teaching a Relief Society lesson I compared heaven to Disneyland. It was totally relevant and entertaining. It just so happens that my friend, Wendy, had been thinking of how she wanted to celebrate earning her Master's Degree and was thinking she wanted to go to Disneyland but wasn't sure whom to take. Inspiration hit during my lesson. Call it the spirit call it coincidence it doesn't matter because the end result was the same ROAD TRIP!!

The only downside was waiting until May to go. But finally May came and Wendy and I drove to St. George and stayed with her sweet aunt and grandpa for the night and the next morning we drove the rest of the way. We were so excited for Disneyland (Wendy had never been) that we went in on that Tuesday night just after we got there. When we came in all the rides were closed because there had been an earthquake. I didn't feel it but was willing to wait a half hour to get on the rides to have a small assurance that they were safe. The lines were awesome! We got almost half the park done in one night. I even convinced Wendy to sit in front of me on Splash Mt. (first time initiation).

The next morning we hit the beach and when Kristi flew in we hit Disneyland again. In total we spent 5 days in both Disneyland and California Adventure. We did all the rides and I of course did Space Mountain as much as I could. The new Toy Story ride in California Adventure was really fun. We ate so well, hot dogs, corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, churros, chocolate covered bananas. We hit the Blue Bayou one night and went to Downtown Disney and ate Beignets at the Jazz Cafe. We really had too much fun. We all got great souvenirs and even better memories.

Since pictures take up so much room these are just a sample. The rest are on my Picasa site.




No comments:

Post a Comment