Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My next journey begins...

Tomorrow I get to demo my first insulin pump... To say I am nervous is an understatement.

I am really choosing between 2 pumps. The OmniPod which is an all inclusive pump worn on the body with a remote sensor and the Metronic pump which has infusion sites and tubes leading to the pump itself but includes a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring).

They both have pros and cons and I think I will probably make my decision after just wearing the first demo (OmniPod). The white egg looking thing is what will be stuck to my body and deliver my insulin. The blackberryish thing is the remote... Crazy!!!




I think I might actually blog about this journey because it fascinates me.

Not that my life in general isn't fascinating. It is. But this is something I think other people will find fascinating about my life.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny - I for one am fascinated. I hope all goes well and the insulin pump works good for you - Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete