Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!!



I was chatting online with Chad today and I said I didn't feel like blogging because I had nothing nice to say because it snowed today. Then I looked at my iCal and realized I did have something nice to say, "Happy Birthday".


Today is my niece's birthday. Carrigan is 7 years old. I went to the hospital the night she was born it feels like it was yesterday! I remember holding her and thinking,"Do I really want to go on a mission and not see her get big?". Well I went on my mission and I don't think Carrigan really noticed. In fact I think when Eric and I got back she was just confused. She would call me Ericjenny or Jennyeric. I am pretty sure she thought we were the same people. I loved it. I thought it was so awesome that someone had taken the time to teach her who we were even when we were a half a world away.

Carrigan has always been the star. She was the smartest, cutest little girl. She always loved to be around people and people love her. She is very athletic and competitive (just like her Aunt Jenny). She doesn't like to be wrong or to be picked on by anyone but her dad.


She is always willing to help and is an awesome big sister. Sometimes I forget that at age 7 I had 3 younger siblings that I would help with and I look at Carrigan and think she is too small to watch a baby. Wow perspectives change as you age.


Carrigan has always been a miniature teenage but I am glad that she has 6 years before that happens!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIGAN!! I LOVE YOU TONS!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice birthday note - I love it.
    You are so nice. I love you. From, Carrigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is Carrigan lucky to have such a great aunt like you. That was a really sweet tribute and I loved all the pictures that you put in!!!

    ReplyDelete