Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Need a Prescription Filled.

I probably think this statement a few times a month. I usually only do it once a month though, even if it means I can only eat omelets for 3 days.

Yesterday was one of those days. The only problem was I was eating dinner with my friend/RS president and I knew that I would actually need insulin also I ate too much at lunch and had used up the few units I had left. My numbers were creeping up and I could feel myself getting tense. It didn't help that we have been M.A.P. testing (Measure of Academic Progress) for days and I was stuck in a room with a 9 year old who wanted all the answers and kept making the older boys laugh at his antics.

So I did what I always do I called Walgreen's. I have there number programed into my phone and I call them all the time. I am thinking about assigning them a speed dial number... When I called I talked to a tech who I didn't recognize, which is weird because I know all of them, and right from the beginning she was struggling. She kept putting that my birthday was 5/4/82 even though I kept saying 4/5/82, I understand dyslexia is a problem but I just think she wasn't listening which ends up being true. When we figured this out I told her I needed more Novolog (my fast acting insulin) and then I added that I need a 90 day supply. Her response was that the prescription wasn't written for 90 days just 30. I happened to know that it was written for 90 days since I specifically asked Dr. Burton to do that and I had filled this prescription previously. Well no amount of arguing could convince her and by this time I didn't care and just needed insulin. I said to just give me the 30 day supply.



I went through the drive thru to pick up my prescription and a different girl was there, that I recognized, and she said that they only had a partial order done for me. ANNOYING!! I paid for it drove to the side and started to open the package, I was feigning for insulin, and it was Lantus. Not Novolog. I don't know how she messed that up they don't look the same at all!! I looked at the receipt and the girl I spoke to on the phone obviously wasn't listening and was looking at the wrong prescription which is why she thought it was only for 30 days. I had to go inside and wait for them to figure it out. The whole time, thanks to stress, I could feel my numbers creeping up. Well finally 20 minutes and a blood sugar at 378 I got my medicine and went home. I went home with my 90 day supply. Thank you Asian Male Tech who fixes all my problems.

I need a new pharmacy. Any suggestions??

Random picture. Oldie but goodie.

1 comment:

  1. That's frustrating! Good thing it's not life-threating or anything - kidding :)

    Have my kids really grown up that much? When the heck did that happen?

    ReplyDelete