Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Busy Weekend to Busier Week

Wow. I need a nap. It is that simple. 8 hours of interrupted (yes I said interrupted) sleep isn't enough anymore. Where did my youth go?

This weekend was a ton of fun. I stayed super busy and really had a good time.

Friday night I set my friend Amber up with my friend/family friend Davis. I had a great time. They seemed cool with each other. No pressure but if anyone sees Davis tell him Amber is awesome and they should go out again. Like I said no pressure. :) The Flash game was awesome, thanks Eric. And just so you know blind dates with parents are ok as long as they aren't your parents. That is right my parents sat right behind us. Good luck working your magic Davis!

She's super cute huh?

Saturday started out with breakfast with Carrigan for her birthday. She chose McDonald's, cheap date, and played in the play place for an hour then off to Walmart to get her gift. That girl is a bargain hunter! $20, 55 minutes and 6 presents later we were off to play.


Saturday was also book club at Kari's house. It was really mellow but fun. Ellie and Tori were super cute and Optimus Prime (Austin), Bumblebee (Cindy) and Sam Witwicky (Sherri) are entertaining as usual.

Yes, Ellie's shirt is on backward and inside out. That is how she wanted it.

After the book club and since we were already down in Utah Valley my mom wanted to go wedding dress shopping. I agreed but I wasn't really sure why I did I didn't have a clue what I wanted or even have a good idea. I thought I wanted pockets, somewhere to store my insulin pump, but that was the best idea I had. Especially because white denim is so frowned upon by Stacy & Clinton (see What Not to Wear). We went to Walkers Eternity Bridal on Center Street in Provo. Kari bought her dress there and Emily K. went with my mom and aunt and they all really liked it. We walked in and I was holding Ellie (always because I am her favorite) and when they asked who the bride was I am pretty sure they were looking at Emily Lisea. I raised my hand and she very nicely asked me what size I am. I told her but what she should have done was said, "I know you think you have been working out and can fit into your normal Old Navy size but with your rib cage/ chest dimensions go up 2 sizes and try to feel pretty while knowing your back is bigger then the moon." In other words most of the dresses wouldn't zip up past my waist.

I let Kari, Cami, Emily and my mom pick out dresses for me to try. The nice thing about this place was that they didn't hover. They let my family help me change and were just there to give their opinion when needed. I tried on a few dresses that were ok. One that was made for someone 4'9 and for girls without chests. I was pretty frustrated. I knew what I didn't want to look like, princess, lady of the night, pioneer, etc. etc. but I wasn't sure how to get a look I wanted. My mom wanted me to try a dress on that was on display but I knew it was going to not zip all the way up. I did it to appease her and when I put it on and Em zipped it up the best she could I looked in the mirror and found my dress. When I came out everyone was in agreement. I stayed in that dress for a while just to make sure. I think in total I only tried on 6-8 dresses and was in the store from start to finish for about 65 minutes. We bought that dress!! My dress. The best part is that I get to wear a bird cage veil. Something I always wanted but didn't know what kind of dress would fit me and the veil. I found it.

When I was changing out of my dress Ellie was in the room and she pointed to another dress and said, "That's Snow Whites dress." Emily asked her pointing to my dress, "Which princess's dress is this." Ellie said, "That's Jenny's dress." She was/is right. I am so excited to have that done. I have 3 months and 2 days until I get married (whose counting?) but it feels good to be moving.

I have one picture of the dress but I am not going to post it. If you want to see my dress I recommend that you come see me in 3 months and 2 days. :)

Weekend not over. Sunday we celebrated Carrigan's birthday with grinders and cake. We had a lot of fun and I gave the girls beads I got from my trip to Louisiana/Mardi Gras. They loved them. My mom also made a Princess and the Frog cake. It was delicious and humorous at the same time. I'm sure this will embarrass my mom but I spelled birthday and girl wrong until I was in 7th grade or maybe later.



Busy weekend over. With church, family, shopping, etc. I am worn out. This week has just begun but I am already overwhelmed. Yesterday was soccer tryouts, today we start practice and I have my RS Cookie Social, (I am second counselor over RS Meetings formally known as Enrichment), tomorrow I meet Cami and Brian to caravan to St. George. Thursday I pick Chad up in Vegas and we drive to Anaheim to meet with Tiana and Jason. Friday is DISNEYLAND with many people I love. Saturday we are going to meet up with Mel and eat. Sunday is Vegas for the Jewelry Show with my mom and aunts. Jewelry Show huh? Yes. YES!

Look at the awesome outfits we are wearing. We didn't plan it. Great minds think alike.

Busy, busy. Fun, fun.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging more, now. It means I don't have to, because you're the one taking all of the pictures. SEE YOU TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -- is that last picture you with Grayson? I haven't seen him since Christmas and he's looking so cute!
    Congratulations on finding your dress!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy- Yes. That is Grayson. He has grown up a lot. His personality is awesome. Like Brian but without the sarcasm. :) I will let you see my dress before the wedding just not in such a public forum.

    Cami-TOMORROW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the roommate reunion worked out after all. I am excited to see your dress . . . I'm sure it is beautiful. Lucky it only took 65 minutes to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. It is crazy. We didn't plan it. I am going with Cami and Brian and their girls and Tiana said she wanted to go to Disneyland and that weekend worked for her. And Melanie lives with her parents 15 minutes away. So reunion not really lunch yes. I'm sorry I didn't think of it that way. It just happened, it wasn't planned like that.

    ReplyDelete