I could leave it at that but I don't want to. Wow my busy weekend was great. A few sad stories but overall it was awesome.
First sad story was our drive to St. George. Brian, my brother-in-law, lived in St. George while going to school for at least a year I believe and he even said it was his worst drive down ever. It was snowing and gross and the roads were crazy and diesel trucks are too big and have the craziest wake (is that a good term for the water they kick up?)! I was caravan-ing with Cami and Brian it was more like Van and Car-ing, lame joke to St. George where they graciously allowed me to stay with them at Brian's grandparents place before our journey continued. I got some pictures before it got to bad but once it started I had both hands glued to my steering wheel. When we got to St. George I got out and Brian and I were discussing how tense we were. It is amazing how your body reacts to things.
Other than that our St. George stop was rather uneventful. We ate at In-N-Out, Carrigan and Raley took tons of pictures with my computer's Photo Book application and we left the early the next morning for the next part of our trip. We continued the caravan to Las Vegas where we broke up the group so that I could pick up Chad at the airport and they could make it to Brian's parents mission. We got to Las Vegas about 10 AM and Chad's flight didn't get in until 2:10 Vegas time. Which meant I had 5 hours to kill. I went to Walmart, Sam's, gassed up, washed my car, cleaned the inside of my car, read, watched part of a movie, tried to take a nap and finally went to the airport to get Chad. He actually got in on time but it still took 40 minutes after he landed for him to get to the pick up area. I was dying!! I mean I wanted to see Chad but even more than that I wanted to get on the road. The rest of the drive was fun but uneventful. When Chad and I get back together it feels like we were never apart. It just feels so natural.
We got to the hotel and threw our stuff down and then went looking for dinner. Chad found a really great Italian place just up the road in Anaheim and so we ate there. It was awesome. For some reason I am really good at picking things to eat when I am on vacation. I wish I could remember what it was called but I will just call it delicious.
Tiana and Jason met up with us that night, and here is another sad story, but Tiana was really sick. She drove 3 hours to come down knowing that she was probably too sick for Disneyland. She is awesome!! It was good to just relax and catch up with them. Jason was really excited for Disneyland but being the good guy that he is he took Tiana back for her doctors appointment. She had Phlaringitius (spelling??) but the doctor was worried it might be mono so she might have to go back today. I hope not, that sounds awful. I did take one picture with T and I, she looks super skinny huh? She is running it isn't the illness. :)
Friday was Disneyland!!! Oh my gosh I just love that place. My excitement was contagious because as we were driving in Chad was saying that he was getting in the spirit of it. That is what I wanted to hear. Could you imagine me with someone that doesn't like Disneyland? Me either. Another sad story...Chad doesn't like roller coasters. He likes some of them but they don't make him happy and he doesn't like the ones with blind corners. My favorite ride at Disneyland is Space Mt. he didn't go with us. Cami, Carrigan, Raley and I were the only ones to brave that awesomeness.
We also road Splash Mt. and as we were going up the last hill the ride paused. Then resumed. After the big hill the ride paused and then did not resume. We were the last ones to go down the hill. We broke it. We actually didn't but there were 7 of us 5 adults in one boat. Chad got soaked. We all climbed out of the ride and then they took us a back way out of the ride and then gave us passes to go to the front of any ride. There were 5 adults and they gave us that many passes. Score!! The whole thing was great. We ate at Cafe Orleans and had Mikey Mouse shaped beignets (I am going to gain so much weight if I don't stop eating French donuts!!) and watched the parades. I love Disneyland. End of story. Oh wait Chad promised me I would get to go to Disneyworld when we live in Louisiana!! Be still my beating pancreas...Oh wait it has already stopped...
The next day was another adventure. T and I were going to get together and do a girls brunch with one of our freshman year roommates, Mel, T of course was too ill so Chad and I met with her. It has been a few years since we last got together and she looked/was good. She is doing her Doctorate residency in Psychology and is living with her parents in Yorba Linda and her husband lives in San Fransisco. She is going to try to live in San Diego when these next 6 months are over and I am way excited for her. We went to Mimi's Cafe where I had never been. How did I go 27 years without having Cream Cheese and Orange Marmalade stuffed inside my french toast? Don't judge me because I am diabetic and shouldn't ever have regular syrup. I was on vacation. Back to the point. It was fun to reconnect with Mel especially since she married the son of my old backyard neighbor. It makes for good stories. I meant to take a picture but I left my camera in the car.
After visiting with Mel we continued to Vegas. I normally like Vegas and the things you could do there but I was exhausted. Chad went and got Raisin' Cains for dinner, which is funny because we ate that in Baton Rouge it's a Southern thing, I ate and fell asleep at 8pm. At 7:30 am when I woke up I felt very refreshed. Also I was excited!! Today I was going shopping. Not just any shopping RING shopping. We were meeting my wonderful aunts and mother for the ASD Jewelry show in the Sands Expo center. Chad and I wandered through the Venetian a little bit overwhelmed at the purchase that we were going to, hopefully, make. Thank goodness we brought the experts with us!! My Aunts/Mom were the best. Unlike my dress I had an idea of what I wanted but ideas don't always translate into reality. This one did!! My aunt Sherrie actually found THE ring at the first booth we went to. I put it on and really liked it. I just didn't know. She talked the guy down in price but I wasn't sure. We went looking after about 6 or so other places I knew I wanted the first ring. It was perfect and reasonably priced. Reasonable enough that Chad was smiling. I didn't even wait to wear it. Chad put it on me and I spent the next 2 hours smiling as we spent my mom's money buying gifts for the ladies in my family. We even got Chad's ring. Much less expensive but I don't think he loves it like he loves mine. How could he? By the way the ladies in my family ROCK!!! They are so supportive and awesome. Words can't say.
On the drive home I think Chad realized that I wasn't going to take the ring off and after the first warning that I needed to watch the road not the sparkle on my finger I think he knew that it was time to make it official. We drove up to Kolob Canyon as the sun was setting (I wish I would have taken pictures I stole the one below from the Internet) and he proposed. Well first he asked me to take the ring off for a minute then he proposed. I said yes and here we are.
Wow.
I hated the first part of this blog! You two are the worst sisters ever for going to Disneyland without me!
ReplyDeleteThe ring is amazing! And HUGE! It belongs on your hand. I'm so happy for you!
Gorgeous ring. And very unique. I'm glad it's now totally official. Your dad told us yesterday that Chad had bought it while you were in Vegas. Buying the dress before the ring could have been a gamble for some people.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Love the ring it is very pretty. Glad that it's officially official. Sounds like a fun filled weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove the ring. Good choice.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your ring!!
ReplyDeleteEmily, Disneyland wasn't as fun without you. We will have to invite ourselves to Disneyworld with Jenny and Chad (unless they go for their honeymoon, of course)