Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Out like a Lion.

Today the West Ridge Soccer teams were suppose to play ICS. The games were cancelled due to the weather. I guess they have so much snow you can't even get to the field. The irony is that their mascot is the lion. You would think they planned this to get more playing time. :)
I am not really complaining. When I woke up and there was already an inch on the ground the idea of standing on the sidelines for 90+ minutes did not thrill me. Not that I want a make up game or that I didn't want them to play but I just didn't want to freeze.

Soccer has been a real struggle for me. Coaching volleyball wasn't too bad. If the girls weren't good I could always blame it on my lack of knowledge since we were learning together. Soccer I can't do that with. I can play soccer. I did play soccer. Mat and I have taught them soccer. When they struggle I struggle. I just want to do it for them. I have had some real eye opening moments. First I don't think I can handle being a parent and not rescue my children. Second I don't want to coach for a living. My blood sugar couldn't handle it.

I love the girls. I love soccer. I love watching them learn. I just have a hard time remembering that the majority of my girls never played soccer and when I was playing my 3rd game ever I wasn't very good. Granted I was in elementary school but still not very good.

So I will be grateful for the snow day and our indoor practice.

Our record is 1-1-1 Not bad. Pretty even across the board. :)

1 comment: