Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving.








I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
I am going to try to list a few.

1. Family
2. Friends
3. Gospel
4. Health (yes, even I am grateful)
5. Insulin
6. Vacations
7. Job/Place I live
8. Food
9. Books
10. Sugar



Like I said, just a few. If you felt left out you are probably an inanimate object and shouldn't have feelings but I am sure I am grateful.

Thanksgiving this year was a feast at my Grandpa and Grandma Allen's house. All the necessities were there and a few special treats from Nancy's kitchen really added to the affair. Cami's salad was delicious and the pies were delectable. I have to say that my Oreo balls were quite the treat.

While we were digesting Grandpa Allen gave us one more thing to be grateful for... Ancestors. I learned that I had an ancestor who was on the Mayflower. He had direct involvement in starting the first Thanksgiving and was a big fan of Squanto. He later was accused of committing the first murder on the new land but he was framed, or it was self defense I never got the straight story... Either way interesting stuff from John Billington.

Even though the turkey had already begun to settle we decided to go see 4 Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. It had a few great laughs and a lot of irony.

All in all it was a great Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Wanna know what I'm thankful for? The fact that Jenny posted a picture of me with my mouth full of food!!! Thanks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete